Monday, December 13, 2010

Go be sick of finals, but not actually sick

It's still the 13th...but it's been a long day and it's still not over.
This morning at 7 am I took my Europe final. It went pretty swimmingly. I got home earlier than expected and went for a nice 35 minute run. I have to say my legs are getting quite shapely ;) Especially with all the treats I've been munching on lately.

I don't think I realized how difficult of a time I would have becoming Syd. Okay, it hasnt really been that hard, but I have to keep working on that section around my middle that just loves anything with sugar. I've decided I'm somewhat like Buddy the Elf. I just love sweet things. Home-made treats especially. That is one good thing I can say about my limitations: if it aint homemade, it aint going in my mouth. Unless it's Dutch chocolate. No more corn syrup for me. Ever. It just literally makes me sick all the time. Even one bite of something with Cool-Whip in it as I found out over Thanksgiving break. So it's a good thing that corn syrup is bad for you anyways (I don't care what those commercials say about it just being sugar: I won't eat it I tell you!!)

So Haley, several months ago said something to me that I realize is soooo true: I better become a life time marathoner because I just love to bake so much. And eat what I made. My favorite part about baking however, is getting to share it with others and watching their faces as they take the first bite. And then go back for seconds.

This weekend I was able to go to a fantabulous Cambridge Christmas party with almost the entire crew. It was a blast to see everyone and Jen and Derek were so great for hosting it. For said party I decided to take chocolate chip cookies. Not the most Christmas-y treat I know, but everyone loves them. Especially these. I've made two batches in two weeks. That's 5 dozen cookies each time. I cannot stop eating them! It's a good thing other people like them too or I'd be rolling. My friend Jonathan turned up at the party late, and to my delights he ate 3 as soon as he walked in the door, then ate at least 2 more by the end of the evening. Try some. Or better yet, let me make them for you. McKay I'm talking to you... :)

So I've two finals left: Economics and an Oral Presentation at 7 am Wednesday. Fun fun fun. No. But tomorrow night I'm making dinner with Jared! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. why run? just keep feeding us, and we can all be deliciously fat together!

    ReplyDelete