Wednesday, March 10, 2010

That's What Makes the World Go Round

I'm in love, I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!!

Probably not with what you are thinking, aka a boy.

No, I am in love with my dietitian. And with England. And peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I think if there was one food I had to eat for the rest of my life, it would be PB&J. So long as I could switch up the flavors of J every now and then.

I'm on the road to recovery with the help of my dietitian who actually listened to me today instead of just trying to diagnose me with something. Love her for it. I got another test done. As she said today, I've been put through the ringer in the last 4 months. One day I know I'll look back on this time in my life and say to myself, "Hey, Alex, remember that time you were broken? Yeah, that sucked. So glad you've been fixed!" Myself will then agree.

My Cambridge prep course met again tonight and I was again inspired by the many people in my group as they presented brief histories and factoids about a famous person who went to Cambridge. This is one of our few assignments and I think really allows us to explore all the different facets of University beginnings and how the world has been shaped by the people who have come from there. Did you know that Sascha Baron Cohen graduated from Cambridge? Neither did I, but what he has done to make people face up to their prejucides is very enlightening, if crude.

We later had some alum come speak to us in a question session and my heart got all mushy as I looked a pictures of the beautiful buildings and heard stories about the formal dinners and the late night rambles that get interrupted ever so politely by the porters, whose job it is to make sure that everything that happens is ordered and appropriate. I cannot wait to get there! I met several new people tonight and I think this experience will really sharpen my social and academic skills.

Tomorrow I have set myself up for some early morning torture as I go for a run with my old running buddy M. She and I trained for and ran a half marathon together in November, but since then, I at least got sideswiped by school and being sick and have been rather negleting the athletic side of me that loves pain. So, early in the morning it will be out into the cold for a bracing jaunt around town. I'm very excited to get to catch up with her since it has been so long since we have spoken.

I realize that I did leave out one very exciting bit of info. Referring to the first sentence, I was asked to dinner tonight by someone I will codename Sawyer. There is a reference, but I'll let you do the figuring on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment